Frequently Asked Questions
The Yardsmen Essentials
What is Yardsmen hirewear?
Yardsmen is the only way to hire Savile Row quality and styled dinner jackets, morning suits, lounge suits and waistcoats.
Just how good are your hirewear suits?
We’ve invested in the highest quality suits, working with tailors from Savile Row. Unlike outlets offering cheap-quality polyester blends, we source the finest quality 100% British wools directly from UK mills and constantly quality check the production runs of our garments. Our hirewear suits are the same quality that you find along the world-famous Savile Row, and are only available at our shop in London and our website.
Where is Yardsmen?
How do I hire from Yardsmen?
Hiring from us is simple and convenient. You have two options:
1. Choose your garments. Add them to your cart. Fill out the order form, choose the delivery options and checkout.
2. You have the choice of either collecting your items from our London shop, or we can arrange a delivery straight to your door via TNT or DHL (see our rental agreement for more details about delivery fees which can vary depending on delivery address and times of day)
3. The next working day after your event, simply drop your items back to us at our London shop or send it back via our courier (see our rental agreement for more details).
1. Using our appointment page online, choose the most convenient time for you to view the suits, preferably at least 10 weeks before your event.
2. Visit our shop in London. One of our tailors will talk you through all the options available to you. You can try on the garments to ensure a proper fit. Please note: if you have not made an appointment, we cannot ensure that our tailors will be available to help you the moment you visit the shop, so please be patient and someone will be with you as soon as they can.
3. Finalise the details. Once you have decided what kind of suit you want to hire, we can then arrange the collection and return date of the suit. If you’re a groom and looking to hire multiple items for other people, we will need to arrange a fitting date for everyone in the party or have the measurements sent to us at least 8 weeks before the wedding to ensure the availability of the garments.
4. Payment. We will require the payment once the order has been finalised. We will not be able to reserve you the suit/s until we have taken the payment.
5. Collection. You can collect your suit in any of our shops, or have it delivered to you at least two days prior to your event.
How do I get my items from Yardsmen?
Collection for your items couldn’t be easier. You have two options:
You need to allow at least 10 minutes per suit to inspect the garments to ensure you are satisfied with your order. It is recommended that you try on the suit again before you take it to ensure the best fit.
Your order will be delivered to your doorstep at least 3-5 days before your event.
The return date and time must be booked when you pick up the suit. Please allow at least 10 minutes per suit for us to go through the garments so we can ensure that you have not left anything and there is no any damage to the garment/s.
How far in advance should I place my order?
We recommend placing your order as soon as you know the date of your event. We require orders to be confirmed at least 8 weeks before the event to ensure availability of the garments. If your event is less than 15 working days away, availability may be limited. If you have any questions concerning availability for a future date, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What if I need to hire a garment for more than 5 days?
You can extend your hire period. Extra days are chargeable for 20% of the hire fee per day.
How do I return my hire?
We have two convenient options available for returns:
You can return your order in person to our London shop. To do this, please make an appointment via our booking service online.
1. Ask our customer care team to schedule a collection for the return and put the return shipping label over the old carriage label. Alternatively, if it is more convenient for you, you can take it to any authorised DHL drop-off location.
2. Simply place all hirewear items back in the original shipping box.
3. If you have misplaced your pre-paid return label, please contact us for a new label to be sent via email.
4. Our hirewear policy requires that you return your hirewear on or before your designated return date; otherwise late fees may apply. If, for any reason, you cannot return your items on or before your designated return date, please contact us as soon as possible.
Measurements and Fit
How do I get fitted for my hirewear?
We have three options to ensure the perfect fit for you:
1. If you know your measurements, simply input your sizes on our website when placing your order.
2. Measure yourself at home - give us a call or drop us an email and we will send you a guideline on how to measure accurately.
3. Make an appointment to be fitted by one of our specialists at our City or Waterloo store.
What is the deadline for submitting my measurements?
We recommend that you submit your measurements a minimum of 8 weeks prior to your event date. This will ensure availability for the correct size. To make measurement changes after that date, please contact us as soon as possible.
How do I know my suit will fit?
With a team of experienced Savile Row tailors to hand, and a measurement system developed around formal hirewear, we ensure that you'll get a great fit.
If you collect from the store, you will have the opportunity to try on your suit in store to make sure the fit is correct.If you have the order delivered, your order typically arrives three to five working days prior to your event, which gives you time to try it on and make sure it fits.
What happens if my hirewear does not fit?
If you collect from the store, our tailors will be able to advise on what to do if the fit isn’t right.
If you have ordered online, please try on the suit as soon as possible. If there is a problem, contact us within 24 hours. We will then send the new garments which should arrive the following day.
Do you offer a group discount on hirewear?
As we offer Savile Row quality suits to hire at a fraction of the purchase price, Yardsmen does not offer group discounts.
Which sizes do you carry?
Regular suit jacket and waistcoat chest sizes range from 36-50 inches. Morning jacket, morning waistcoat and dinner jacket chest sizes range from 36-52 inches.
Regular suit trouser waist sizes range from 30-44 inches. Morning trouser and dinner trouser waist sizes range from 28-48 inches. All the trousers are available standard length of 29.5 (S), 31.5 (R) and 33.5 (L). Any amendment on the length is available for a fee.
Can I have my hirewear suit tailored to my size?
We cannot make any amendments on the jackets and waistcoats. For the trousers, we can only alter the length for a fee of £29.
When is my online order going to be delivered?
We will endeavour to dispatch orders within 2-3 working days if the item is in stock with next day delivery. All deliveries will require a signature upon delivery.
How does my hirewear get to me?
There are two ways for your order to get to you:
1. You can book an appointment via our online booking system to collect from our London Waterloo shop, where your order will be waiting for you.
2. We can deliver your suit via TNT, at an additional fee. Tracking information will be emailed to you when your order ships. Please note: delivery signatures are required; if this is not possible, we would suggest using an alternative address or having the order shipped to a nearby DHL collection centre.
How much is shipping?
Collection and return in-person is free. Shipping via TNT will incur an additional minimum delivery charge of £15. Please contact us for an exact quote.
Do you charge for an urgent delivery fee?
Yes, please contact us for further information.
Do you deliver to P.O. boxes?
TNT does not deliver to P.O. Boxes.
Do you deliver outside the UK?
Absolutely. Please contact us for more information on how this works.
In what type of box is my order is shipped?
We ship in a branded high-quality corrugated box. Our suits are carefully folded to minimise the crease. We will also include hanger/s so you can hang up the garments immediately after delivery to allow any creases to clear. A light steaming may be necessary to remove any stubborn wrinkles.
Do I need to press my garments?
We use fabric with anti-crease qualities to make sure it’s easy to wear our garments right away. Each of our suits are delivered ready to hang, and any small creases usually come out after a few hours. If you are experiencing major wrinkle issues after hanging your garment, please steam the garments: the wrinkles should come off immediately. If this doesn't work, please contact us as soon as possible.
Who is responsible for the cleaning?
We are responsible for the cleaning. All of our garments go through a strict aftercare process of laundering and pressing when they are returned to us by clients. They then go through a QC check to ensure there is no damages, missing buttons and to ensure they are clean and ready to go back into stock for future orders. They are then checked again before being issued to the next client and signed off.
What happens if I damage or lose a garment?
Our specialist dry cleaners and tailors can fix small stains and minor damage in some cases. In the case of significant damage and stain, which renders the product unusable, or if you fail to return the product, you will be charged with the total price of the garment minus the hire fee (please see our Customer Rental Agreement for full details).
Hirewear Returns & Cancellations
What if I want to change my order?
Please contact us immediately to discuss any changes to your order. If your size has changed significantly, we urge you to book in a refit to ensure that only do you receive the correct fit, but that we will have the correct size in stock ready for your event. Please note: prices for our suits may vary: any changes from one style to another may change the hire. Additional fees may apply if there are significant changes to your order. Please contact us directly for further information on changes to your order.
What should I do if my event is cancelled and I no longer need my hirewear?
Contact us as soon as possible. Cancellation of hire orders made more than 28 days in advance of the Event Date will be subject to a £20 cancellation fee, per suit. Orders cancelled between 14 and 28 days of the Event Date will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the full hire fee. Orders cancelled within 14 Days of Event Date will be charged at the full hire fee.
Orders placed within 14 days before the event date cannot be refunded.
What happens if I return my hirewear late?
Any delay can cause problems for the next customer’s order, so be sure to return your order on or before your designated return date. Late returns will be charged 20% of the hire fee per day for up to a maximum of 5 days, where after the full value of the garment will be charged to your credit/debit card presuming non-return. If, for any reason, you cannot return your items on or before your designated return date due to travel or other circumstances, please contact us as soon as possible.
What happens if I return my hirewear stained?
Our drycleaning team will try to clean the garment but in the event that the stain is not removable, we will take a replacement fee for the stained garments.
What happens if I return my hirewear damaged?
Our tailors will assess the damaged garments and if repairable, you will pay the alterations fee. If the garment can't be altered to repair, you will have to pay for the replacement cost of the garment.
What do I do if I am having a destination wedding?
For destination weddings, we ask that you call us at 0203 771 9540 prior to checking out on the webpage to discuss the shipping logistics for you and your event.
You can also come down to our shop to check the options on whether to have the suit delivered to the wedding venue or extend the hire period. Please contact us for more information.
Can I see a garment prior to placing an order for my wedding?
Certainly. Our premises are open 6 days a week if you wish to come in and see the quality and style of our garments. We recommend that you book an appointment for your visit.
Can I add, remove, or swap an item after checkout?
Yes, you can do this after completing checkout at any point, up to 30 days prior to your event date. Please contact us if any help is needed with changes to your order. Please be advised that prices for the suits may vary depending on style: if you swap for a more expensive style, charges may apply. Contact us for more information.
Can I rent just the coat/jacket, waistcoat or trousers?
Sure. Contact us for pricing and availability.
When do you charge my credit card?
Your credit card will be charged once you have entered your sizes and completed the checkout process. You may see a transaction pending authorisation. This is common bank practice for credit card transactions and the authorisation will clear within 72 hours.
I am having trouble checking out
If you're having trouble submitting payment information, please check to verify that the following fields are complete and correct on the payment checkout screen: delivery and billing addresses (street, city, county, postcode), card type, number, expiration date, name and CVV code. If the checkout problem persists, please contact us for immediate assistance.
Why do I have to pay for the security deposit (£250)?
Security deposit of £250 per suit will need to be paid upon the collection of the suit or before suits get dispatched for delivery. This is to ensure that suit is returned within the hire period and damage-free.
When do I get my security deposit back?
Your security deposit will be refunded after the returned suit has been checked by our team. In the event that the suit is damage and/or returned late, the fee will be taken off the security deposit.
Accessories and RTW Returns Policy
Can I return my order?
We hope you’re happy with your purchase. If for any reason you’re not and would like to organise a refund or exchange please contact us at email@example.com. You may return items within 14 days of the purchase date for a refund or exchange, but please note, return requests must be notified to us within 7 days of the order being made.
Is there any item I am not allowed to return or exchange?
We are unable to refund socks and sale items. Only regular priced items are refundable.
Can I still return my order after 14 days?
After 14 days, and up until 28 days from the purchase date, the item can be returned for store credit/vouchers. After 28 days we will no longer accept returns/exchanges.
When can I receive my refund?
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item and notify you of the issue of your refund. The credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days. Please note that gift cards/vouchers are non refundable.
When can I receive my exchange items?
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you can vary.